I will sail my vessel, till the river runs dry. Like the bird upon the wind these waters are my sky. I will never reach my destination
If I never try. So I will sail my vessel Til the river runs dry.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The power of appreciation..

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - Frederick Keonig
I believe that one secret to a happy life is having the ability to see the beauty in simple things. There are many reasons to be thankful for everyday but the problem is that we tend to focus on the bad side rather than the positive side of things. This is a common thought but still we fail to change our perspective.
I think it is human nature to look for answers why things happen. All things negative come to our minds when we're in a difficulty. But why don’t we try to think of what we'll gain from the situation we're in instead of whining? There is nothing wrong with feeling upset or sad because these are valid emotions, signs of being a human. But let us not allow sadness and pessimism get the best of us. After some time, let’s regain our strength and smile again.
What is incredible about children is that they know how to appreciate things. They find happiness in little things. We should be like them. But the problem is that, as we grow old, we get distracted by so many things that we fail to see a lot of blessings we actually have. We fail to see angels that have helped us, experiences that changed us for the better, ill-feelings towards others that made us realize things, and many more.
If only we could see every single blessing in every moment of our lives, we will feel truly special and loved. That is the power of appreciation. It gives you a better perspective of life allowing you to be happy despite the hardships.

No comments:

Post a Comment